All of the talk this week about goal and intention setting has made me want to share with y’all what I’m thinking for 2014.
This has been an interesting year to try to plan. Normally, I have a three page strategic plan for my year (yes, I do have OCD tendencies, why do you ask?), but with Eggroll making her appearance shortly, I’ve really struggled with concrete goals. Add to this concern that I really didn’t hit a lot of my professional goals I set for myself last January, instead finding new ones to meet throughout the year, so I am struggling with specifics as I look ahead. Who knows what my life will look like six weeks from now, let alone come July…
BUT-sharing your goals with friends and strangers is a proven way to get you to stick with them, so here I am with my 2014 intentions. I plan on updating you each month a la Meghan’s 34 by 34 updates to keep you abreast of what’s going down in my life and to keep me accountable.
So without further ado –
My 3 Words of 2014
I spend way too much time thinking about tomorrow and/or yesterday. This year I am committing to experiencing the moment, whether it is a big one (like Eggroll’s first smile) or small (like the first time I put on real pants again…). Yes, there will be picture-taking and social media sharing, but first, I must just focus on the activity at hand.
If you’ve read anything on this blog, you know that I’m really amped up about all the other stuff beyond the asanas (movements) when it comes to yoga. I’m so looking forward to figuring out ways to share this information in a non-woohoo way with friends, family and potential clients. And I hope to teach y’all the best chocolate-related recipes this side of the Mississippi here on the blog, too…
The people who mean the most in my life are the ones that make me get up and do. If I can have this same influence over just one person, I’ll consider myself successful.
And for those of you that prefer the wordy version of my 2014 outlook…
2014 Personal Strategic Plan
***Upon further review, I would agree that yes, this is still a horribly specific outlook for the next 354 days. What can I say, I’m a planner by nature. Hopefully this makes me more of a doer, too.***
1. Focus on just Eggroll, me, Randy and home for the first six weeks of Eggroll’s life.
2. Keep a daily gratitude journal with “what’s life like with Eggroll” notes from January 1 until Eggroll’s first birthday.
3. Develop the Truly, Margaret Mary brand.
- Keep up a blog schedule of at least three posts per week throughout the year, including after Eggroll’s arrival by writing ahead of time and using guest writers.
- Create at least three products that can be sold directly from and/or add value to the blog.
- Host or teach in three workshop settings for women my age or younger where we will talk about gratitude, inspiration, daydreaming and/or yoga.
4. Publish at least 12 freelance writing pieces, including guest posts on others’ blogs.
5. Develop my teaching and coaching schedule.
- Get back to a group exercise teaching schedule of at least four classes per week.
- Test the waters with private clients for yoga and other group exercise classes. If I like this environment, secure at least 5 personal or small group clients.
- Learn the Barre method program through the WAC and take a prenatal yoga teaching certification.
6. Spend time on my personal health in 2014.
- Get back to pre-pregnancy weight by 12/31/2014.
- Attend at least one yoga class per week as a student (preferably at a studio, but videos are OK, too.)
- Read one for-fun book per month.
- Have date nights with Randy at least once per month.
- Go one at least one vacation as a family in 2014.
Wish me luck!